2023 BMW S 1000 RR SPECIFICATION, PRICE & PERFORMANCE
2023 BMW S 1000 RR – What overhaul is BMW doing so that the 2023 model still needs to be visible in the motorsport lineup? Will it be surprising for 2024? We certainly are looking forward to hearing about this update. Rumours include a new engine on the S 1000 RR. Get ready for the next level of thrilling performance with the 2023 BMW Sports category update!
Will the new S 1000 RR be ready to surprise you? We look forward to updating every RR component – from front to back- with satisfactory results, lighter weight, and noticeably higher performance.
BMW very often updates the products it launches. A few years ago, in 2009, the S1000RR was first introduced with a positive response from various parties, being touted as a sport bike with the best equipment in the 1000 cc category.
Three years after that, various tests and problems were discovered, so BMW made changes in 2012 significantly. A year after that, it came with a revised new face, and BMW introduced the HP4 variant, a more track-oriented version of the standard S1000RR.
For 2024-2015, a significant update is heavier than the previous model, with a claimed output of 148 kW (198 HP; 201 PS).
WHAT IS NEW FOR 2023?
- The specifications offered will also be updated when a new model is present. Although it does not significantly increase, minimal revisions are still being carried out.
- The 2023 BMW S 1000 RR improves the ratio of the newer Final drive to improve vehicle stability with a longer chain and rear sprocket to 46-tooth resulting in higher transmission power.
- Many rumours are circulating about the 2023 S 1000 RR, which follows the style of the M 1000 RR, which means that the resulting performance will be noticeably faster for the upcoming new model.
- Expect improvements to the S 1000 RR for more motorcycle stability in the future. The wings of the 2023 S 1000 RR should be updated to be slightly smaller and made of plastic rather than carbon fibre, reducing the overall level of downforce.
- We have not received official information about adding winglets to the S 1000 RR 2023. If that is true, the next model will be faster because the winglet function on the motorbike will feel more manageable when competing on a straight track. We hope that the whole body will get a redesign.
2023 BMW S 1000 RR TOP SPEED?
Could it massively overwhelm the BMW S 1000 RR? We get information at a glance about top speed decreasing in Europe. Generally, every time, you will get an increase in a top speed increase. Although it offers additional power, the top speed from 190 mph changed to 180-188 Mph.
2023 BMW S 1000 RR HORSEPOWER?
We also have a reference from the manufacturer BMW, which says for 2022 205 HP (151 kW) at 13,000 rpm. Developments will continue to create a more optimal performance with higher Shift cam engine speed. That means the horsepower will increase to 206.5hp (209.4PS) for the new model, with the peak arriving at 13,750rpm.
BMW Motorrad Colour Update 2023
In July 2022, BMW revealed the latest colours for 2023. many models are undergoing updates, but we don’t see any colour updates for the BMW S 1000 RR, so there will likely be an update next year. You can see the models that have undergone a colour update:
- G 310 GS (Cosmic Black, Polar White/Racing Blue Metallic, Kalamata Metallic Matt)
- G 310 R (Polar White/Racing Blue Metallic, Racing Red)
- C400X (Granite Grey Metallic, Alpine White)
- C400gt (Callisto Grey Metallic)
- F 750 GS (Light White/Racing Blue Metallic/Racing Red, Gravity Blue Metallic Matt)
- F 850 GS Adventure (Kalamata Metallic Matte)
- F 900 XR (Racing Blue Metallic)
- S 1000 R (Black Storm Metallic, Bluestone Metallic)
- R NineT Pure (Underground UNI/Light White UNI, Pollux Metallic/Light White UNI)
- R NineT Scambler (Manhattan Metallic Matte, Pollux Metallic / Light White UNI, Underground UNI/Light White UNI
- R NineT Urban G/S (Underground UNI/Light White UNI)
- R 1250 GS (Gravity Blue Metallic Matt)
- R 1250 GS Adventure (Gravity Blue Metallic Matt)
- K 1600 GT (Meteoric Dust Metallic)
- K 1600 GTL (Meteoric Dust Metallic)
- R 18 (Mineral White Metallic)
- R 18 Classic (Mineral White Metallic)
- R 18 B (Gravity Blue Metallic Matt, Mineral White Metallic)
- R 18 Transcontinental (Gravity Blue Metallic Matt, Mineral White Metallic)
2023 BMW S 1000 RR ENGINEERING
The previous year had undergone a redesign on the four-cylinder engine. Several improvements have been made to maximize output. The previous increase was 205 HP at 13,000 rpm, but the torque curve was also optimized.
BMW ShiftCam technology selects valve opening timing and valve lift through the camshaft. Even in the low or medium engine speed range, significantly greater torque and power.
New models are heavily optimized, as well as designs such as the perforated drilled titanium intake valves and the upgraded and self-reinforced multi-disc anti-hopping (-20N) wet clutch.
2023 BMW S 1000 RR DESIGN
2013 BMW S 1000 RR started its revival and stole the public’s attention with a new revised face design. Until now, this bike carries the message that it looks high performance. One that makes the RR lighter and more precise can find the frame’s layout with new suspension technology.
We will invite you to look at the seats that have a unique design that is ergonomically focused. The standard LED headlights/taillight design does not remove aggressive styling and provides an aesthetic feel.
The redesign update is expected to come from internal tweaks and minor electronics. Indeed the overall size we don’t think that will change. There will only be small changes to add a new impression to the body of the S 1000 RR.
Ride Modes Pro may still be available next year, with configurable Ride Modes Race Pro 1-3 and an electronic assist system. Such as DTC +/- Shift, ABS Adjustment, engine mapping, wheelie control, and slide control.
2023 BMW S 1000 RR HANDLING
Handling the new RR model with more stability, riding on a road superbike with an aluminium undercarriage is generally only used on the racetrack. When accelerated, this vehicle’s lighter weight will reduce the mass that is not released and produce much less reaction from the chassis.
In addition, the shock absorbers, which are adjustable in terms of tension, bounce, and Suspension, are mounted further away from the engine and are thus less exposed to heat. It has significant advantages for shock absorbers.
Saving tires may not be a trivial thing. The new S 1000 RR is equipped with an aluminium swingarm and offers better power distribution and less reaction from the chassis when accelerating. In addition, larger damping pistons increase damping in all driving situations.
2023 BMW S 1000 RR COMFORT
Not only relying on engine toughness, new colour designs, and other advanced features, the s 1000 RR also pays attention to the rider’s comfort with the freedom of movement.
BMW’s flawless ergonomics with the frame, tank, seat, tail, and footrest have all been modified for more support, feedback, and better knee closure.
Maybe a few things followed the M style, starting from the milled footpegs and new handlebar ergonomics. Fully concentrate while enjoying your adventure because RR has made you comfortable to achieve faster lap times.
A lower spring speed can be selected by changing the buffer ratio from 1.9:1 to 1.65:1 and having a larger damper piston. This friction minimization improves comfort and performance because the increased force on the strut occurs quickly and accurately. The whole system is thus much gentler on the tires.
2023 BMW S 1000 RR VS DUCATI MULTISTRADA V4
Before you look at the specifications between the two, maybe the price is almost the same, or the BMW is a little more expensive than the Ducati Multistrada V4. The colours offered by BMW are more options to choose from according to your taste. At the same time, the Ducati is only available in one colour, namely Ducati Red.
2023 BMW S 1000 RR
DUCATI MULTISTRADA V4
|Engine||999cc, Water/oil-cooled 4-cylinder 4-stroke in-line engine, four titanium valves per cylinder, BMW ShiftCam||1158cc, Engine V4 Granturismo, V4 – 90°, four valves per cylinder, counter-rotating crankshaft, Twin Pulse firing order, liquid-cooled|
|Bore x Stroke||3.15” x 1.96”||83 mm x 53,5 mm|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with straight-cut gears||6-speed|
|Front Suspension||Upside-down telescopic fork Ø 1.77”, compression and rebound stage adjustable, adjustable preload||Ø 50 mm fully adjustable USD fork|
|Rear Suspension||“WSBK” Aluminum swing arm, full floater pro, compression and rebound damping adjustable, adjustable preload||Rear Suspension Fully adjustable mono-shock, Remote spring preload adjustment, double-sided aluminium swingarm|
|Seat Height||32.4 in||33.1-33.9 in|
|Final Drive||Chain 525 17/45||Chain, Front sprocket z16, rear sprocket z42|
|Fuel System||Premium Unleaded||–|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||4.4 gal (16.5 l)||5.8 gal (22.0 l)|
2023 BMW S 1000 RR PROBLEM
a few years ago, the news didn’t surface BMW Motorrad’s recall of the 2020 BMW S 1000 RR model. The leaking oil cooler hose caused the recall. And the problem has been resolved by BMW Motorrad technicians.
2022 looks like a tranquil year for the RR sports bike, with only trickle-down fixes and minor improvements. We hope this problem will be resolved soon. For the year 2023, BMW S 1000 RR.
2023 BMW S 1000 RR PRICE & RELEASE DATE
price information: the price that BMW offers for 2022 is $24,374 MSRP. At that price, we think that the price is reasonable with the availability of advanced features.
Many increases for the next year, will the price increase? We speculate that prices will still be affordable for the following year, and our estimate of the price offered for the new 2023 S 1000 RR ranges from $25,199-25,999 MSRP.
BMW hasn’t revealed an exact release date yet. We expect the next few months to have some important news about its launch or the S 1000 RR to arrive in early 2023.